Last Updated May 24th, 2018
Welcome! If you’re on this page, you must be curious about your personal data and what TreasureHunt is doing to safeguard that, while providing you the best possible gaming experience with our games!
- The how and what personal data we collect about you, and why we do so
- How we use and that personal data, and
- The legal rights you have around your personal data.
2. HOW TO CONTACT US
For the purposes of your private data, TreasureHunt is considered a ‘Data Controller’ (defined as natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law), while most of the Third-Party service providers we work with are ‘Data Processors’ (defined as a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller).
If you have questions about below policies or data protection in general, we can be reached via the below email address. For any personal game data topics, we ask you to contact us through the game’s customer care channel, so we can respond to your specific queries faster.
Data controller: TreasureHunt GmbH, ATTN: Data Protection Officer
Address: Skalitzer Strasse 85-86 TR B, 10997 Berlin, Germany.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you ranging from the information you provide us, as well as data we collect automatically and data that our partners (such as Facebook/Google) provide us.
We collect, for example, the following data:
- The contact information that you provide to us (such as name, email address)
- Messages to our services and other data you choose to share with us (for example, as part of a customer service query sent through our customer care platform)
- Data about your device, such as operating system, device name and model
- Your usage data in our games and services (game progress and gameplay data)
- Data we receive from our partners and 3rd party services (such as Facebook, Google)
- Data necessary to process and verify any payments (from Apple and Google)
- Data we receive for analytics and advertising purposes to improve your experience
- Data to prevent illicit or other behaviour that is counter to our Terms of Service
To make sure we safeguard your data, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected the information for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Please note that if you are under 16, we do not knowingly collect personal information from you, or agree to your use of our games or services. If we discover you or someone else is under 16, we will delete all personal data as soon as possible. If you think that we may be collecting personal data of someone under the age of 16, please contact us so we can delete any personal data we may have on them.
4. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect your data for primarily two reasons. “Performance of Contract” (in other words, things needed to make things work for you) – and “Legitimate Interest” (things needed to make things work better for you), helping us provide the best possible player experience.
- Create accounts in our game and create and develop services for you
- Operate these games, including payment confirmation and other services for you
- Respond to your enquiries, bug reports and requests for game support
- Update player profiles for better player experience for you
- Provide social features (including saved and synchronized progress across devices) for you
- To prevent player behaviour, which goes against our general Terms of Service, including fraudulent and illegal player activity
- To send updates, promotions and/or push notifications (if opted-in to) for you
- To analyse, segment and profile data to improve our services for you
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
5. WHY WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- We may share your information for above reasons with Third-Party service providers, advertisers, as well as Facebook, Apple and/or Google. .
- These Third-Parties and services providers may collect and process analytics data, or hosting data on our behalf, but only in accordance with our instructions and the respective privacy agreement they hold with us.
- Some Third-Parties, such as Facebook, Apple App Store or Google Play Store collect your account data and/or payment information. We have no influence on the data you submit to them and are not responsible for it.
- We may have to disclose your information for legal purposes, or if there is an emergency that poses a threat to health or safety.
- For a full list of our Third-Party service providers and their privacy policies, please click here
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
As we have Third-Party providers and partners, your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. If and when we transfer your personal information internationally, we take steps to ensure that your data is handled securely. Please note that the laws are not the same everywhere, so the privacy laws that apply in countries where we send your data may not be the same (and may be less stringent) than in your home country. If you are not okay with this, please do not use our services.
Our game servers are currently located across EU and United States, and our Third-Party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we ensure appropriate safeguards are in place, so that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with our Privacy Policies and agreements we have in place with these providers.
7. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
Under GDPR (and as a citizen of the EU, EEA and/or Switzerland) you have several rights around the data we collect about you, as well as what we are allowed to do with it.
- You can object to us processing personally identifiable data about you
- You can obtain a copy of your personal data that we hold on you
- You can request to delete your personal and/or game data. If you decide to request this, we will delete your personal account information within 28 days.
- You can opt-out of interest-based targeted advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (on Apple iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (on Android)
8. PROTECTING YOUR DATA
While utilising your data to provide you with the best possible gaming experience, we want to let you to know we take safeguarding your data seriously. To provide you with a secure and safe player experience, we are implementing technical and physical security improvements against loss, misuse or modification of your data.
9. DATA RETENTION
We will also only keep your data for as long as your account is active with us. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. If you ask us to remove your personal data, please be aware that we may still need to retain some user data for fraud prevention as well as potential legal disputes.
If you have questions about the above policies or data protection in general, or any requests around your data, please contact us via the below email address.